We, Heartfulness, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By using our website, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our website or submit any personal data through it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Shri Ram Chandra Mission UK, trading as Heartfulness, a company registered in England and Wales under the Companies Acts (Company number 06767140) having its registered office at 3 Southleaze, Fullers Lane, Winscombe, Avon, BS25 1ND and being a registered charity in Scotland (Charity Number SC038615) and in England and Wales (Charity Number 1128649) having its principal office at 3 Southleaze, Fullers Lane, Winscombe, Avon, BS25 1ND.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide when filling in forms on our website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website;
- if you contact us by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access; or
- information that you provide if you submit feedback to us on our services.
The information you give us may include: your name; address (including postcode); telephone number(s); e-mail address; date of birth; your chosen time slot for a session; details of your device; particulars of your social media account; and your experiences with our services.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We also use analytical cookie files. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
If you wish to view or delete any cookie files, we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers. Our cookies will contain the domain name heartfulness-uk.org within the file name.
You may refuse to accept cookie files by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you choose this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, please be assured that we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to such personal data.
Uses made of the information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- to assist our volunteer facilitators to contact you with information about us and our events taking place in your area by your chosen method of communication;
- to assist our volunteer facilitators, practitioners, trainers and event co-ordinators to administer, manage and organise events you have expressed an interest in attending;
- to assist our volunteer certified trainers to transmit to events being run by event co-ordinators;
- to improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- to improve service delivery;
- to contact you for the purposes of research and surveys;
- to allow us to respond to your enquiries for further information;
- for the purposes of providing you with information that you have requested from us;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to comply with any legal obligations; or
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use
We may also contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your fax number, telephone numbers, e-mail address and / or social media account(s) details, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive such communications from us, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may keep personal data which we collect for a reasonable period for any of the purposes mentioned above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- our volunteer facilitators, practitioners, trainers and event co-ordinators for the administration, management and organisation of events;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any agreement that you enter into via our website; or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Heartfulness or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by it about you will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Heartfulness or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third party personal data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of participant organisations, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You may choose to be included, using your mobile telephone number, in a Whatsapp group exchanging information about local Heartfulness events. Please note this will disclose your telephone number to other Whatsapp chat group users. SRCM UK is not responsible for the content or accuracy of information shared among all WhatsApp groups exchanging information about Heartfulness. WhatsApp users can unsubscribe from any group at any time.