Heartfulness is a path to experiencing your inner self
Experience is the source from which real knowledge begins. We have learned so much from so many, both ancient and modern. Yet, upon closing their books or turning off their lectures, we remain the same as we were before. Experience is the gold that backs the currency of knowledge. Without experience all knowledge stays abstract and hollow. It is not yet ours.
Learn to relax
- Find a place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Turn off your phones, televisions, radios and any other sources of distraction.
- If you need to, tell your room-mates or family members that you will not be available for around 10 minutes.
- Sit comfortably and follow the Heartfulness relaxation. This can be done by people of all ages.
Meditate on your own
- Find a comfortable sitting position and gently close your eyes.
- Bring your attention to the source of a light which is already in your heart. Think that it is attracting you towards itself.
- Your attention shifts gradually from the world outside to the world inside. Do this in a gentle and natural way without trying to concentrate.
- Do not worry if your mind wanders; gently bring your attention back to the source of light in your heart.
- Let your awareness rest in your heart, and feel yourself melting into it.
- Sit for as along as you are comfortable and gradually build it up to half an hour.
- Find a comfortable sitting position with your eyes closed, and relax.
- Suggest to yourself that all the impressions and heaviness of the day are leaving your whole system as they evaporate outwards like smoke or vapour from the whole of your back.
- There is no need to think of what is leaving you, but simply think that it is happening. - Gently accelerate this process and continue for around 15-20 minutes.
- As you begin to feel lighter, turn your attention to the idea that you are drawing a source of light (in front of you) into your heart.
- Imagine that this light is gradually filling your heart and your whole being, replacing the impressions and heaviness of the day.
- Continue this process for around 5-10 minutes
Meditate with transmission
Meditation with someone who has the capacity of transmission can help you explore the Heartfulness practice more deeply. So much can be said about its benefits, but your experience will reveal more than volumes of literature can possibly convey.
You will be contacted by a Heartfulness trainer through email and will be guided through three or four meditation sessions on consecutive days. The meditation sessions can be conducted remotely or in person, as mutually convenient.
Get in touch when you are ready to experience Heartfulness with the assistance of transmission.